Monday, November 4, 2013

Climb every mountain

Yesterday, whilst tootling around the house, avoiding the vacuum cleaner, the phone bleeped. A text!

Holding out the phone as far as my arm would go - noticing that if it doesn't get telescopic soon I'm never going to be able to work out the calorie count on chocolate wrappings - I read it, slightly apprehensive.

"Kill me now." Hyperbole?

I nodded. Was the texter running a marathon over keen, hot sands? Wrestling with pitbulls in a pit of snakes?

"Keep calm and carry on." I cannot truncate nor abandon vowels.

"Nein." Came the response.

"Breathe." I suggested helpfully.

"Can't." Puffed back.

"Try." I advised.

"Made it." Surprisingly, not Everest or Kilimanjaro ... Rangitoto actually

Hope the views are worth it. Quick look out the window, to witness a bit of sun and blue sky, am assured they'd be spectacular.

Silence. Still no vacuum cleaner.

Bleep-bleep.

"Lost my money." A whole five dollars, not too worrying. No time to respond.

"Parched and tired." Oops can't buy refreshments, said cash lost.

"Found the moolah." Oh good, that should preclude dehydration then.

The bleep-bleeps stopped.

Texter's brother noted, "His heart rate needs to go above his age occasionally."

Sort of agree, but too tired to work out strategic plan to accomplish laid down task.

Didn't find vacuum cleaner. Suspect a good thing.

Cat drops hair, creating tiny kitty tumble weeds which really need that sucker to be found.

Cuppa, always does wonders.






No comments:

Post a Comment